Saturday 8 October 2011

Who are we without him?

James went to his Day Care teacher yesterday afternoon for a sleep over. It was the second child free night for us since he was born. It felt so wierd. I felt a sort of panic and frustration because I wanted something extremly special to happen? It almost ruined our evening but we decided to stay in, watch Star Trek and drink some red wine. Amazing really. To be able to do that in peace without getting interrupted, to spend time with your favourite person without beeing a mom or a dad. I think we felt like that because were not use to James beeing away. Were not use to be just us anymore and who are we anyway without him? Its kind of funny really how your brain function when your a parent. I missed him so much last night, I even felt a little sad?! I even dreamt that he got kidnapped?! But today, in the afternoon when I was a bit tired and just wanted to sit and relax I wished that he were in Day Care, just for a few hours so that I could have some peace?! Wierd ha?

We are very grateful to have so much support from James Day Care teachers. They are amazing. They always ask us how we are. They do care which is very nice, it is nice to have their support. James loves them so much and it makes us very happy. I trust them to take care of the most precious person and I am never worried.

Well so anyway. Paul and I had a nice evening, we had bolognese and apple crumble with ice cream and of course some red wine. After the lovely dinner we cuddled up in our sofa and watched Star Trek. Yes that is what we do, watch Star Trek and so should you :D

Went to get James around lunch time today and went home to have a relaxing day. Our friend Angelica and her daughter came over for some apple crumble and a chat. Thats todays adventures. Oh, James and I painted James nails with some nail polish aswell ( he loves it soooooo much) and yes we watched some Star Trek aswell ( Paul has Asperger syndrome after all, he needs his rutines, no not really :) its just a great serie! Watch it!).

Yes I know... He needs to clean his room, I tell him all the time but he never listen :D

No comments:

Post a Comment